Thursday, May 17, 2012

shower.

i was treated to just about the most fantastic shower i have ever witnessed (i only wished i would have taken more/better photos). i am so blessed to have such thoughtful & creative friends. there were so many to-die-for details that just made my crafty heart swoon. it all started when this box showed up on my doorstep.  yes, a box. who sends shower invites in a box?!

i was surprised with a special treat on the day of the shower when a private chef showed up. and let me just say, the menu was above & beyond. my mouth is watering just thinking of it.  oh, & there was so much cake; cake pops, tiered cake, & cupcakes. yum. the theme was little man & the decor was focused on bow ties. adorable, right?! there were so many bow tie & little man details. even the napkins were tied like bow ties & the take homes (boxes filled with see's truffles) featured ties. amazing. 
 the weather decided not to cooperate so our lovely party was forced inside at the last minute. there were so many gorgeous decorations & plans that weren't used (the smore's bar, the beautiful game tent, & all the lantern lighting.) the games were my favorite (& the over the top prizes. who wins a $100 gift card at a shower?!). i could not stop laughing through the entire affair. my friends are hilarious. 

i am so blessed to have so many wonderful thoughtful & downright awesome people in my life. thank you anna-banana for throwing me & my little man the shower of the century. and thank you all for helping me celebrate our newest addition & the grand finale to our family. 

1 comment: